Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The value of a dollar

Nope, I am not talking about McDonald's Dollar Menu.  Although, I do realize the chain-food guarantee of consistent food is attractive to some, I would rather explore and indulge in local food.

But, wait, this post wasn't supposed to be about food at all!  How quickly my mind wanders (mmm, foood, mmm)....

The post was intended to be about the value of home currency when abroad.  Don't you love it when your home currency (in my case, the US Dollar) gets you more "bang for your buck" when traveling to countries that have a lower currency.  And, unfortunately, the opposite is true.

Last time we traveled to Europe, the exchange rate was NOT in our favor.  Resulting in paying closer attention to what we were buying and how much it was actually costing us (ouch!).

However, our next trip is to a destination where the USD counts!  In fact, from the time we booked the trip a few months ago, the currency rate has changed in our favor.  I just recalculated our trip expenses, and so far we are coming in under budget! Whoohoo!  I hope this trend continues, at least until we get back!

Having your dollar worth more is like winning the lotto. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment